Who We Are.
Welcome to Dreamroot Leadership Institute, www.dreamrootinstitute.org (“the site”) owned and operated by Dreamroot Leadership Institute (hereafter, DreamRoot). DreamRoot operates globally, with offices established in the United States, to reverse the cycles of poverty through local leadership development.
The following terms and conditions (“the terms”) govern your use of the site. Please read these terms carefully and fully, as your access and use of the site constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by these terms. The terms and all policies posted on our site sets out the terms on which DreamRoot offers you access to and use of our site, data feeds, services, applications and tools (collectively “Services”). All policies and the User Privacy Notice are incorporated into this User Agreement. You agree to comply with all the above when accessing or using our Services.
We reserve the right to update, change or alter these terms from time to time and such updates will be posted here. We encourage you to review this page each time you access and utilize dreamrootinstitute.org.
You may be accessing our Site from a computer or mobile device (through an iPhone application, for example) and the Terms govern your use of our Site and your conduct, regardless of the means of access.
- Although we may attempt to notify you when major changes are made to these Terms, you should periodically review the most up-to-date version at www.dreamrootinstitute.org. DreamRoot may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise these Terms and policies at any time, and you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions. If DreamRoot decides to change these Terms, DreamRoot will post a new version on the Site and update the date set forth below. Any changes or modifications to these Terms will be effective upon posting of the revisions. Nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
- These Terms apply to all users of the Service, including users who are also contributors of Content on the Service. “Content” includes the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, audiovisual combinations, interactive features and other materials you may view on, access through, or contribute to the Service. The Service includes all aspects of DreamRoot, including but not limited to all products, software and services offered via the DreamRoot website and other applications.
- The Service may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by DreamRoot. DreamRoot has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites. In addition, DreamRoot will not and cannot censor, control, or edit the content, information, or activities of any third-party site. By using the Service, you expressly relieve DreamRoot from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website.
- In order to access some features of the Service, you will have to create a DreamRoot account. You may never use another’s account without permission. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. You must notify DreamRoot immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
- Although DreamRoot will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, you may be liable for the losses of DreamRoot or others due to such unauthorized use.
Using DreamRoot’s Website.
DreamRoot hereby grants you permission to access and use the Service, as set forth in these Terms, provided that you agree to NOT:
- distribute in any medium any part of the Service or the Content without DreamRoot prior written authorization, unless DreamRoot makes available the means for such distribution.
- alter or modify any part of the Service.
- use the Service for any of the following commercial uses unless you obtain DreamRoot prior written approval:
o the sale of access to the Service;
o the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on or within the Service or Content; or
o the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions on any page of an ad-enabled blog or website containing Content delivered via the Service, unless other material not obtained from DreamRoot appears on the same page and is of sufficient value to be the basis for such sales.
- use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” or “offline readers,” that accesses the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the DreamRoot servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, DreamRoot grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. DreamRoot reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Service, nor to use the communication systems provided by the Service (e.g., comments, email) for any commercial solicitation purposes. You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Service with respect to their Content.
- breach or circumvent any laws, third party rights or our systems, policies, or determinations of your account status;
- use our Services if you are not able to form legally binding contracts (for example if you are under 18), or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from using our site, services, applications or tools;
- post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libelous content;
- take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems;
- transfer your account and user ID to another party without our consent;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm DreamRoot or the interests or property of users;
- reproduce, perform, display, distribute, reverse engineer, or prepare derivative works from content that belongs to or is licensed to DreamRoot, or that comes from the Services including works covered by any copyrights, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property right, except with prior express permission of DreamRoot and/or any other party holding the right to license such use;
- commercialize any DreamRoot application or any information or software associated with such application;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about users without DreamRoot’s consent and the user’s consent; or
- circumvent any technical measures we use to provide Services.
In your use of the Service, you will comply with all applicable laws. DreamRoot reserves the right at its sole and absolute discretion and for any reason or no reason to discontinue any aspect of the Service at any time.
If we believe or discover that you are abusing DreamRoot in any of the ways mentioned above or otherwise, we may, in our sole discretion, take any steps to prevent and mitigate such abuse such as limiting, suspending, or terminating your user account(s) and access to our Services, reducing or eliminating any discounts, and taking technical and/or legal steps to prevent you from using our Services.
We may cancel unconfirmed accounts or accounts that have been inactive for a long time or modify or discontinue our Services. Additionally, we reserve the right to refuse or terminate our Services to anyone for any reason at our discretion.
Your Use of Content
In addition to the general restrictions above, the following restrictions and conditions apply specifically to your use of Content.
- The Content on the Service, and the trademarks, service marks and logos (“Marks”) on the Service, are owned by or licensed to DreamRoot, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the law.
- Content is provided to you AS IS. You may access Content for your information and personal use solely as intended through the provided functionality of the Service and as permitted under these Terms. You shall not download any Content unless you see a “download” or similar link displayed by DreamRoot on the Service for that Content. You shall not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit any Content for any other purposes without the prior written consent of DreamRoot or the respective licensors of the Content. DreamRoot and its licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Service and the Content.
- You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Service or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the Content therein.
- You understand that when using the Service, you will be exposed to Content from a variety of sources, and that DreamRoot is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, decency, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such Content, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against DreamRoot with respect thereto, and, to the extent permitted by applicable law, agree to indemnify and hold harmless DreamRoot its owners, operators, affiliates, licensors, and licensees to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the Service.
Account Termination Policy
- DreamRoot may terminate a user’s access to the Service or Sponsor Account if, under appropriate circumstances and in the sole and absolute discretion of DreamRoot, the user is determined to be a repeat infringer.
- DreamRoot reserves the right to decide whether Content violates the Terms for reasons other than copyright infringement, such as, but not limited to obscenity or excessive length. DreamRoot may at any time, without prior notice and in its sole discretion, remove such Content and/or terminate a user’s account for submitting such material in violation of the Terms of Service.
Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liability.
You agree that your use of the services shall be at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, DreamRoot, it’s Officers, Directors, Employees, and Agents disclaim all liability and responsibility for any direct or indirect, express or implied, in connection with the services and your use thereof or relying on any detail contained on the site or omitted from this site. DreamRoot makes no guarantee, conditions or warranties about the accuracy or completeness of this site’s content or the content of any sites linked to this site and assumes no liability or responsibility for any (1) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content, (II) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of our services, (III) any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein, (IV) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from our services, (IV) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through our services by any third party, and/or (V) any errors or omission in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the services. DreamRoot does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the services or any hyperlinked services or featured in any banner or other advertising, and DreamRoot will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and third-party providers of products or services. As with the purchase of a product or service through any medium or in any medium or in any environment, you should use your best judgement and exercise caution where appropriate.
You specifically acknowledge that DreamRoot not be liable for content or the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party and that the risk or harm or damage from the foregoing rests entirely with you.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we and any content providers, suppliers and advertisers hereby specifically and expressly exclude and disclaim all warranties of any kind, including but not limited to all express or implied warranties, terms and conditions including but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement, as well as all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
In addition, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we and our Related Entities (defined to include our subsidiary, affiliated, related and parent corporations, companies and divisions, professional corporations, members, partnerships, limited partnerships, limited liability companies, partners, limited partners, officers, directors, shareholders, board members, employees, managers, employers, associates, principals, independent contractors, administrators, agents, affiliates, experts, legal representatives and attorneys, agents for collections, other agents, representatives, insurers, trusts, trustees, beneficiaries, executors, joint venturers, heirs, predecessors, successors and assigns) are not liable, and you agree not to hold us or our Related Entities responsible for, any damages or losses including but not limited to loss of money, goodwill, reputation, profits or other intangible losses or any special, indirect, punitive, or consequential damages (hereafter, “Damages or Losses”), or any other grievances, allegations, demands, liabilities, debts, losses, obligations, promises, damages, injuries, costs, compensation, commissions, interest, penalties, expenses (including without limitation, attorneys’ fees), lawsuits, actions (in law, equity or otherwise), rights and privileges, and causes of action including but not limited to breach of contract, breach of implied in fact contract, breach of the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing, promissory estoppel, negligence, fraud, negligent misrepresentation, intentional or negligent interference with contract or economic advantage, indemnity, statutory or common law unfair competition, invasion of privacy, and all other injuries of any nature, kind and description, in law, equity or otherwise whether not now known or ascertained – hereinafter collectively referred to as “Claims” – which result directly or indirectly from:
- your use of or your inability to use our Services;
- delays or disruptions in our Services;
- viruses or other malicious software obtained by accessing, or linking to, our Services;
- glitches, bugs, errors, or inaccuracies of any kind in our Services;
- damage to your hardware device from the use of any DreamRoot Service;
- a suspension or other action taken with respect to your account or breach of these terms.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you if you reside in such a jurisdiction.
Certain portions of the website allow entities and persons who are NOT employees, agents or representatives of DreamRoot (“DreamRoot Posters”) to post written, visual or photographic content. DreamRoot expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for content posted by Non-DreamRoot Posters, and reserves the right to remove such content or pages at any time, for any reason, in its sole determination and election.
The Service is controlled and offered by DreamRoot from its facilities in the United States of America. DreamRoot makes no representations that the Service is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Service from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
Indemnity & Representation of User.
You agree not to carry on any activity in relation to DreamRoot website which might involve DreamRoot in liability. To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold DreamRoot, officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Service; (ii) your violation of any term of these Terms; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that your Content caused damage to a third party. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms of Service and your use of the Service.
Ability to Accept Terms of Service.
You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide by and comply with these Terms of Service.
These Terms of Service, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by DreamRoot without restriction.
All gifts are discretionary and ultimately determined by DreamRoot. DreamRoot retains the right to determine where donations are allocated to in order to comply to the United States IRS tax code. If you visit or donate on this site, you accept the terms and listed in this section.
Refund of Donation:
Due to the nature of what we do at DreamRoot, all donations are final. If you think your situation warrants an exception to this policy, contact us immediately at email@example.com within 10 business of the donation.
Cancellation or Suspension of Account:
As a Sponsor, you may cancel or suspend your Account at anytime. You understand your account will be canceled within 72 business hours of receiving your message. Do not assume your Account has been cancelled until you have received a confirmation from DreamRoot staff. DreamRoot is not responsible to refund any donations charged after you have canceled if you fail to contact DreamRoot or have contacted an incorrect email address. For all sponsorship cancellations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Linking to this Website.
You may link to the home page of www.dreamrootinstitute.org, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. Further, you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. Our website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Copyright and Trademarks.
The content of this site is owned by DreamRoot and protected under the United States Copyright Act of 1976. No part of this website, including trademarks, logos, service markets and trade names of DreamRoot and our affiliates may be reproduced, reused, retransmitted, adapted, published, broadcast, or distributed for any commercial purpose whatsoever without our prior written permission unless expressly permitted under the above acts. All names, logos, and trademarks are property of DreamRoot or the third parties who have contributed to this site. Nothing on the site should be interpreted as granting any rights to use or distribute any names, logos, or trademarks, without the express written agreement of DreamRoot or the relevant contributor.
DreamRoot Leadership Institute’s United States office is located at 22446 Davis Drive, Suite 153, Sterling, VA 20165.
Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, if any provision of this User Agreement is held to be invalid, void or for any reason unenforceable, such provision shall be struck out and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions. In our sole discretion, we may assign this User Agreement, by providing notice of such assignment in accordance with the Notices Section.
Headings are for reference purposes only and do not limit the scope or extent of such Section.
Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. We do not guarantee we will take action against all breaches of this User Agreement.
We have the right in our absolute discretion at any time and without notice to amend, remove or vary the Services and/or any page of our website.
No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this User Agreement.
The Terms and Conditions, the Privacy Notice, and all polices set forth the entire understanding and agreement between you and DreamRoot and supersede all prior understandings and agreements of the parties.
The following Sections survive any termination of this User Agreement: all sections and provisions relating to contracts and copyrights, Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liability; Indemnity, and Legal Disputes.
Dated Updated: September 17, 2019